Surgery for calcinosis


I’ve been seeing Dr. Carole Dorsch of York, Pa. for several years for treatment of schleroderma crest. I have several spots of calcinosis on my right index finger. Dr. Dorsch retired in June this year but before leaving she mentioned a Doctor at Hopkins was successfully removing calcinosis spots. Do you have any information on this Doctor? I would greatly appreciate it.


Dr. Robert Spence in the Plastic Surgery department at Johns Hopkins Bayview has been working with Dr. Fred Wigley in the scleroderma research center for many years. He is an expert in the field and absolutely a great physician.

Alan Matsumoto, M.D.

About Alan Matsumoto, M.D.

Part-time Faculty, Division of Rheumatology
Johns Hopkins University