- Instructor in Medicine
- Inflammatory arthritis
- Patient reported outcomes in rheumatic diseases
- Classification criteria in rheumatic diseases
Dr. Orbai is involved in clinical research projects in the Johns Hopkins Arthritis Center with Dr. Clifton Bingham, Dr. Susan Bartlett and Dr. Katherine Clegg Smith. These projects seek to understand patient symptoms and experiences in rheumatic diseases and inflammatory arthritis in particular. Two main projects Dr. Orbai has been involved with are: 1) stiffness in rheumatoid arthritis and 2) Patient Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS®) in inflammatory arthritis.
Dr. Orbai was involved in developing the 2012 Systemic Lupus International Collaborating Clinics (SLICC) classification criteria for systemic lupus erythematosus with Dr. Michelle Petri in the Johns Hopkins Lupus Center.
- MD: Iuliu Haţieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Romania
- Internship (Medicine): Johns-Hopkins University – Sinai Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Residency (Medicine): Johns-Hopkins University – Sinai Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Fellowship (Rheumatology): Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- American College of Rheumatology
- American College of Physicians