Welcome to the Case Rounds section of our WebSite. New cases will be added regularly. All cases will remain available at this site. All cases are taken from those seen at the Johns Hopkins Rheumatology Clinics or as inpatient consultations.
Need CME credit? Check out our Rheumatology Rounds Online!
- Case 1: A 29 year old male with difficulty eating.
- Case 2: A 46 year old, septic female with swollen knees and mass in left calf.
- Case 3: A 34 year old Kuwait women with a swollen prosthetic knee.
- Case 4: An elderly man with weakness and pain in the thighs.
- Case 5: A 22 year old woman with progressively severe unilateral wrist pain.
- Case 6: A 66 year old woman develops a diffuse, pruritic, erythematous rash following treatment for joint pain.
- Case 7: A 67 year old woman with a 20-year history of rheumatoid arthritis presents with fatigue and dyspnea.
- Case 8: A previously healthy 35 year old presents with chronic productive cough of blood-tinged white sputum, flu-like symptoms, loss of appetite, and subsequent weight loss.
- Case 9: All nodules in RA are not rheumatoid nodules. A 25 year old with a history of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis presents with several painful nodules on her lower extremities.
- Case 10: A 40 year old man with a history of right ankle arthralgias develops right thigh, calf and foot swelling, and a right knee effusion.
- Case 11: A 22 year old woman with a history of wrist and knee pain, presents with pericarditis and develops bilateral pleural effusion shortly thereafter.