Welcome to Radiology Rounds. These musculoskeletal cases are drawn from the files of Johns Hopkins Rheumatology, Orthopaedic Surgery, and Radiology. This forum is directed by Stuart Levine, M.D., Instructor in Rheumatology, and William Scott, M.D., Associate Professor of Radiology and Director of Orthopaedic Radiology, at the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions.
Read the brief history, review the xrays, and try your luck at identifying the correct diagnosis. Each case will remain on the WebSite indefinitely, and new cases will be added monthly.
Or select by case history…
- Radiology Rounds #1: 57 year-old woman with a 10 year history of morning stiffness, bilateral wrist swelling and fatigue develops right hip pain.
- Radiology Rounds #2: 30 year-old woman with progressive pain and stiffness in his right hip.
- Radiology Rounds #3: 37 year old man presents to the emergency room with an 8 day history of low grade fevers, neck stiffness, and odynophagia.
- Radiology Rounds #4: 63 year old woman with a five year history of progressive neck pain and stiffness complains of marked limitation of motion.
- Radiology Rounds #5: 68 year old woman with a history of hypercholesterolemia and hypothyroidism complains of progressive hand pain and contractures of her fingers.
- Radiology Rounds #6: 56 year old woman with SLE with continued stiffness and low-grade synovitis despite steriod treatment
- Radiology Rounds #7: 50 year old woman with SLE presents with recurrent infections, including cellulitis, osteomyelitis, and endocarditis, and the development of diffuse lymphadenopathy.
- Radiology Rounds #8: 44 year old woman who underwent renal transplantation ten years ago, now presents with progressive low back, left shoulder, hip, and knee pain.
- Radiology Rounds #9: 55 y.o. woman over the past 3 months has developed severe bilateral morning stiffness and soft tissue swelling in her hands and feet that lasts up to 1 hour
- Radiology Rounds #10: 19 year old young man without significant past medical history notes the subacute onset of mild discomfort in his right arm over the last several months.
- Radiology Rounds #11: 54 y.o man who presents to his primary care physician complaining of a loss of libido and progressive joint pain and stiffness in his hands.
- Radiology Rounds #12: 43 y.o man without significant history has noted increasing discomfort and progressive “loss of flexibility” in his right shoulder
- Radiology Rounds #13: The patient is 30 y.o. woman who presents to her primary physician complaining of weight loss, fatigue, abdominal enlargement, gum bleeding, and episodic bone pain, particularly in her legs
- Radiology Rounds #14: 38 year old man without significant past medical history who presents to an orthopedic surgeon with right-sided hip and groin pain of several weeks duration
- Radiology Rounds #15: The patient is a 20 y.o. man referred by his dentist after he developed recurrent deep dental caries complicated by mandibular osteomyelitis
- Radiology Rounds #16: A 16 y.o girl, over the last few years, has developed a progressive hunchback with intermittent mid-thoracic pain
- Radiology Rounds #17: 75 y.o. man who underwent total hip arthroplasty, returns with discomfort in the left groin region 7 years later
- Radiology Rounds #18: 78 y.o. man presents to the ER complaining of progressively debilitating bilateral groin pain.